Back to all questions
How to setup my PayPal API
To setup the API credentials please follow these steps and guidelines:
- You need to have business account in Paypal
- You need to log in the Paypal Developer panel
- From the menu on the left, click on the My Apps & Credentials page
- On the new page, be sure to click on the "Live" button
- Then in the REST API apps section, click Create App, you can set whatever name you wish.
- After you have created the app, open its details from Dashboard -> My Apps & Credentials, scroll down until you see section "REST API apps" and click on your app. From the new page, copy the client ID and Secret to your Paypal API integration page.
- Note: by default the apps are created in Test (Sandbox) mode, please switch to Live mode (step 4).
You can do this by clicking in the top right buttons (on page "My Apps & Credentials page")
Notice that the credentials will be different for Test and Live mode.
When the app in Paypal is switched to Live, you should see something like this when you open its details window:
- Do not forget that you have to enable the "Payouts" service for your account. You can do this by going in the Developer panel -> Dashboard -> My Account
- When you make a payment, the funds will be taken from your Paypal's balance i.e. if your balance is empty, even if you have attached a credit card, the Payout will fail due to insufficient funds.
- The payouts are made in the currency you have set in Affiliatly, if you don't have a balance in that currency in Paypal, the payout will fail due to insufficient funds.
For each Payout made there are the standard Paypal fees, you can check them here